You might already know that Descript's automatic transcription leads the industry in accuracy and speed. But for mission-critical tasks, when automatic transcription doesn't cut it, we also offer White Glove transcription: professional, human transcription at a highly-competitive rate — in just one click.
With White Glove you get:
- Up to 99% accuracy
- Timestamps and speaker labels included
- An average turn-around of less than 24 hours (learn more)
- The audio is linked to the text, so you can hear what you're reading, on-demand
- Just $1.25 / min of audio
- There is a 2 hour limit to the length of audio / video that can be submitted for each transcription. If you have audio or video media that is longer than 2 hours, you must edit the media file into multiple parts, so that each file is under 2 hours.
How to use White Glove
- Create a new Descript Project by clicking the
Add Newbutton from your Project browser or going to the
Filemenu and selecting
- The app will prompt you to choose (or drag) an audio or video file to transcribe.
- Drag in the file you’d like to transcribe with White Glove. You’ll see a menu with several choices: Automated, White Glove, and Import Transcript.
White Glove. You’ll see a price estimate for your file. When you’re ready, click
Transcribeto submit your audio for White Glove transcription.
The app will upload your audio and initiate the White Glove transcription process, assigning it to a professional human transcriptionist. You’ll know it’s working when the app says, e.g.
Transcribing: Ready by Friday, November 8th.
You’ll receive an email when your White Glove Project is ready.
Unlike traditional transcription services, your finished White Glove Project has all the benefits of a Descript Project, which means you can:
- Share your interactive transcript to the Web with a single click, and send the link to others to collect Google Docs-style comments.
- Export to Word, with timestamps at whatever frequency you'd like.
- Export your transcript as subtitles/captions.
- Edit audio, if you have access to Descript Classic.
We’re rigorous about monitoring our White Glove transcripts for quality. If you ever have an issue, let us know — we’ll redo your transcript at no additional charge.