Descript allows you to "non-destructively" export a Composition to a format that can be opened in most major audio and video editing tools. This is different than Descript's normal Export Audio feature; when you export a Timeline:
- You get a folder with an exported copy of your source files
- Your original files are preserved
- The edits / regions in Descript carry through, so you can still tweak trims, etc.
- Fades / crossfades carry through
What Timeline Export formats does Descript support?
- AAF: This is the main universal DAW file format. You can open AAF files in ProTools, Logic, and many other DAWs.
- SESX: Adobe Audition, Hindenburg
- Samplitude EDL: Reaper, Cakewalk, and various video editing apps.
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Premiere
Are there any major editors that I can't export to?
Here's the known list:
- GarageBand: It's an entry level tool and unlikely they'll support importing other file formats
- Audacity: Currently Audacity does not support the import of EDL (edit decision list)
- Avid Media Composer