Share > Export Session... , you can "non-destructively" export your Composition to a format that can be opened in most major DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) and many video apps. This is different than Descript's normal Export Audio feature; when you export a Session:
- You get a folder with a bunch of Project files
- Your original audio files are preserved
- The edits / regions in Descript carry through, so you can still tweak trims, etc.
- Fades / crossfades carry through
What Session Export formats does Descript support?
- AAF: This is the main universal DAW file format. You can open AAF files in ProTools, Logic, and many other DAWs.
- OMF: A slightly older universal DAW format. Good for Cubase and video editing software like AVID Media Composer.
- SESX: Adobe Audition
- Samplitude EDL: Reaper, Cakewalk, and various video editing apps.
Are there any major DAWs that I can't export to?
Here's the known list:
- GarageBand: It's an entry level tool and unlikely they'll support importing other file formats
- Hindenburg: Don't know why they don't support import of AAF/OMF. Send them a feature request!
To Export a Session
- Go to
Share > Export Session.
- Name your Session file.
- Choose the desired Session format from the
Descript will create a folder that contains your session as well as the appropriate media assets.