One of the new features available in Descript for Mac Beta is
Import Transcript . This lets you take a transcript you already have (say, from a professional transcriptionist) and sync it to its corresponding audio — turning it into a full-fledged Descript Project.
For the time being Descript for Mac Beta doesn't have audio editing support built-in (that's coming very soon). But you can edit the audio you've synced with an imported transcript using Descript Classic, which is only available on Mac.
- First, you'll want to import your transcript. Here are our complete instructions on how to do this.
2. Open the web version of your Project by clicking the
Share button to copy your Project's web link, then paste it into your web browser.
3. With your Project open in your web browser, click
Open in App .
4. When prompted, click
Open in Mac App.
5. Your browser may ask you to confirm you'd like to open Descript:
6. You'll be prompted to choose a location on your computer where you'd like to save your Project. Click Save, and the Project will open in Descript Classic, which you can use to edit the audio. If you haven't used Descript Classic before — here's a good place to start.