Here’s what you need to know about what we do with your audio files.
- When you add audio to Descript to be transcribed, we store it on a secure Amazon server.
- Once uploaded, we send your audio to the Google Speech service for transcription. You can read about Google’s extensive security measures here.
- Other than the above, we do not share your audio with anyone outside of Descript for any reason.
- Descript employees and White Glove transcriptionists, sign confidentiality agreements.
- You can delete your audio from our secure servers at anytime by emailing us a request. (sorry for the inconvenience - we’ll have a way you can do this without emailing us soon).